Baton Rouge Heritage House exercises a “whole family” approach to long term nursing care by educating families, providing individualized Care Plan meetings, and aiding with difficult decisions that may come concerning the healthcare of their loved one.
Our nursing staff includes:
- Registered Nurses (RNs) who monitor health status and manage and administer medication.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who work under the direction of the RN to carry out basic care.
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) who work closely with residents, often helping with activities of daily living.
Our team will provide:
- Skilled Nursing Services: Supervisory nursing care inclusive of the around the clock presence. Includes wound care, pain management, tube feeding, and care after surgery.
- Long Term Care: Continuous nursing care for the management of chronic health conditions such as Parkinson’s, diabetes, COPD, and chronic heart conditions.
- Nutritional Services: Registered dieticians design a full meal plan to cater to each resident’s individual needs.
- Care Plan Conferences: Our staff works with the resident and family to develop a plan of care that meets their specific needs and goals.
- Hospice Care: On-site compassionate care for pain management and comfort care near the end of life. The emphasis is on caring, not curing. It involves symptom management coupled with emotional and spiritual support. Care is tailored to each individual resident’s needs and wishes, while support is provided to family members and loved ones in the process.
- Secure Care Unit (SCU) for Alzheimer’s/Dementia Residents: This unit provides a secure and peaceful environment while maintaining each resident’s dignity and respect.